Within its ‘Vision for Learning’, St Joseph's Memorial School embraces the values and practices that the teachers in Reggio Emilia have developed over the past 40 years. Reggio Emilia is a city in northern Italy, internationally renowned for its Infant-Toddler Centres and Preschools.
Principles of this include;
- Children are recognised as having rich potential.
- Children are listened to and respected.
- Children's work is authentic and meaningful to them.
- Children's deeper level thinking is encouraged and celebrated.
- Children and teachers are both learners.
- Children inspire and respect each other.
- Children use many forms of expression to communicate their ideas.
- Children, parents and teachers form our community of learners.